International Year One in Computing
The International Year One in Computing provides students with a fast-track route onto a related undergraduate degree at Nottingham Trent University.
The course is made up of core subject modules that cover fundamental computer skills and knowledge. The training course modules have been designed to maximise your opportunity to progress to Nottingham Trent University.
English Language tuition is provided for Computing students who need extra help to develop their English skills.
Facilities that match other first class Computing courses
The International Year One in Computing is taught at Nottingham Trent University’s Clifton Campus, a short bus ride from the main City campus. £8 million has been spent on new computing facilities at the campus, giving you the very best technology to support you in your studies. Our facilities and equipment are located in the new Computing and Informatics building.
Progress to Nottingham Trent University
Successful completion of the International Year One in Computing guarantees your progression to Year 2 of a Nottingham Trent University degree.
- Information Systems Analysis and Design
- Introduction to Audio-visual Science and Multimedia
- Introduction to Digital Electronic Systems
- Introduction to Networking
- Software Design and Implementation
Courses half-modules (equate to one whole module)
- Introduction to Information Systems Analysis
- Introduction to Software Design
International Year One in Computing – Spring 2015
English language level
|Course||Next enrolment date||Course length||Term one end date|
|6.0 with no less than 5.0 in any skill||International Year One||12 Jan 2015||2 terms||10 Apr 2015|
|4.0 in all skills||International Year One (Preparatory English)||09 Feb 2015||4 terms||08 May 2015|
* All scores are IELTS but any equivalent SELT (as shown on the UKVI SELT approved list) would be acceptable.