University Placement Service – Guaranteed entry in to a UK university
If you’re worried about meeting the grades needed to enter university, UPS provides the security of knowing that your future at a UK university is guaranteed.
Kaplan International Colleges (KIC) are experts in helping international students achieve the grades needed to enter top-ranked UK Universities. Since 2006 we have helped over 10,000 international students find degree courses in universities across the UK.
Whatever your grade, UPS can help find you a university place
When you are accepted onto a KIC programme, you’ll be given a joint offer letter with the host university offering guaranteed admission subject to obtaining specified grades. However, we recognise that not all students will meet these entry requirements. Through our University Placement Service (UPS), students are guaranteed a place at university.*
UPS Online is linked with a network of UK university partners, and has been designed to assist you in securing a university place that suits your needs and abilities. It is a free service to our students.
* subject to successful completion of the KIC programme with a minimum of 40%, obtain 60% in the Language for Study 3 module (with 55% in each component), and a minimum of 80% attendance.
Need a back-up plan? UPS Clearing provides that assistance
If you miss your university application deadlines, change your mind about accepting an offer, or are unable to achieve the grades needed for entry into either your guaranteed or insurance offers, you can still get a university place.
UPS Clearing is offered to students on completion of their course. Universities are able to review your profile and search for students who meet their entry requirements.
You’re then given provisional offers by these universities, and can then decide whether or not to accept their offers. Your UPS staff will be on hand to advise on which offer best suits your needs.
How does UPS work?
- Once you have applied for a KIC course, you will be given an offer for guaranteed entry into the host UK university.
- After enrolment, you’re then given access to your UPS Online account
- Throughout your course with us, choose 4 more universities via UPS Online – these are your insurance options
- Your application will be checked by a UPS Coordinator, who will provide support and guidance with your university applications
- You will then be sent offers from universities through UPS Online
- Once you’ve received all your offers you can confirm one insurance university choice
- Once you’ve completed your preparation course, depending on your grades, you can either progress to your guaranteed host university offer, your insurance offer, or go through UPS Clearing.
Don’t miss the chance to enrol in a KIC course – we have flexible start dates throughout the year so contact us today.
Current students can log into their UPS account here.