Foundation Certificate in Business, Law and Social Sciences
- Skills for Study 1, 2, and 3
- Language for Study 2, and 3
- Introduction to Social Sciences
* These modules apply to students on a two-term programme. Students on longer programmes will take additional English language modules.
As well as the core modules listed above, students will also have a range of other modules depending on which of the following three pathway options they have chosen to do:
- Business pathway
- Business with Mathematics pathway
- Law and Social Sciences pathway
- BSc Accounting with Management
- BSc Business Economics
- BA Business Management (specialising in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Human Resource Management, International Business, Law or Marketing)
- BA Business and Property
- BSc Construction Management
- BA Fashion Buying Management*
- BA Fashion Merchandise Management*
- BSc Finance with Management
- BA International Business
- BA Honours International Business with Arabic
- BA Honours International Business with Chinese
- BA Honours International Business with French
- BA Honours International Business with German
- BA Honours International Business with Spanish
- BA International Marketing
- BA Journalism*
- BA Marketing Communications
- BA Marketing Management
- BA Public Relations and Advertising*
- BA Tourism and Planning*
- BA Tourism with Business*
* Available on the Business pathway only
Law and Social Sciences Pathway (Progression to Year 1)
- BA Criminal Justice
- BA Development Studies and International Relations
- BA History
- BA History and Politics
- BA History and Sociology
- BA International Relations
- BA Politics
- BA Politics and International Relations
- BSc Psychology
- BA Sociology
- BA Sociology and Criminology
- LLB European Legal Studies
- LLB Law
- LLB Law with French (equivalent of grade B in A Level French required)
- LLB Solicitors Exempting
Key course facts
Course length varies from 2 to 4.5 terms depending on your needs.
Academic entry requirements
Entry to the Foundation Certificate requires you to have passed Grade 12 (or equivalent).
English language entry requirements
You will need to show proof of English language ability – usually an IELTS test (or equivalent Secure English Language Test – SELT). A higher IELTS score means your programme will be shorter and you can progress to the University of Westminster more quickly.
UK universities demand a very high level of English from all international students. Students with a lower level of English will be placed on a preparation course that is longer and includes both English language lessons and academic and subject lessons.
Foundation Certificate start dates
English language level
|Course||Next enrolment start date||Course length|
|IELTS 5.5 with no less than 4.5 in any skill||Foundation Certificate in Business, Law and Social Sciences||13 Jan 2014||2 terms|
|IELTS 5.5 with no less than 4.5 in any skill||Foundation Certificate in Business, Law and Social Sciences||17 Feb 2014||2 terms|
|IELTS 5.5 with no less than 4.5 in any skill||Foundation Certificate in Business, Law and Social Sciences (Multi-Progression)||13 Jan 2014||2 terms|
|IELTS 5.0 with no less than 4.0 in any skill||Foundation Certificate in Business, Law and Social Sciences (Multi-Progression) with English||06 Jan 2014||3 terms|
|IELTS 5.0 with no less than 4.0 in any skill||Foundation Certificate in Business, Law and Social Sciences (English)||06 Jan 2014||3 terms|
|IELTS 4.0 in all skills||Foundation Certificate in Business, Law and Social Sciences (Preparatory English)||10 Feb 2014||4 terms|
* All scores are IELTS but any equivalent Secure English Language Test would be accepted.
The College is really well organised and I have a personal tutor who gives me a lot of guidance. I feel that I am being well-prepared for university and am confident that I am learning the skills I need to progress to my degree.
I have taken part in the social programme at the College and have made lots of friends. The other students are really friendly. London is an exciting city to study in as it is very dynamic and there are so many different cultures here.
I love it at KIC London and have recommended the College to my friends!”
Lali Dochiya is from Russia and studied the Foundation Certificate in Business, Law and Social Sciences at KIC London.