Book your accommodation
We will always try to place you in your first choice of accommodation. Our accommodation is extremely popular and places are allocated on a first come, first served basis so we recommend that you book as early as possible to have the best chance of getting the accommodation you require!
Complete the Accommodation Form, selecting your preferred accommodation options.
- Students on pre-sessional English courses should select a contract option suitable for a 3-term student.
- You will be asked on your booking form to provide the name and contact information of a Guarantor for payment. A guarantor is someone who will become legally responsible for any outstanding payments related to your accommodation.
Please note: It will not be possible to change your contract length once you have booked and signed your tenancy agreement. It is therefore especially important that if you have gained an improved English score between receiving your acceptance and arriving, you should inform us of this before you arrive.
Once you have completed and returned your accommodation booking form, you will receive information on the room you have been allocated by e-mail, along with a tenancy agreement and information on payment. You and your guarantor must return the signed tenancy agreement to the College and pay the required first rent instalment within 1 week in order to secure your room.
Please note: you will not be able to gain access to your room until we have a copy of your signed tenancy agreement and have received your first payment.
Paying for your accommodation
Payment for accommodation is structured as below
|Students||Payment on booking||Payment on arrival at College||Payment before start Term 2|
|2-Term Students||50% of contract price + £250 deposit||50% of contract price||N/A|
|Pre-Sessional English Students
|33% of contract price + £250 deposit||33% of contract price||33% of contract price|
- A deposit of £250 GBP will be added to the payment required to secure the accommodation. This will be returned to you at the end of your tenancy unless your room is left in an unsatisfactory condition, there are damages to the room, or there are outstanding payments on your account.
- Payments on booking to secure the room can be made by bank transfer, with evidence of payment included with the signed tenancy agreement returned to the College. You can also pay this by credit card by completing the Credit Card Authorisation Form (127 KB) and sending it to the College. It is essential payment is received by the College before arrival as you will not be able to gain access to your room if payment has not been received.
- Further payments can be made by bankers draft (payable to the College), by credit card at the College (subject to a £30 handling fee), debit card or by bank transfer. Read about payment information.
- In the event that you do not obtain a student visa, all accommodation fees paid will be refunded in full on production of documentary evidence of the refusal.
- Students under the age of 18 years old on arrival, may be requested to pay their full accommodation fees in advance.
Confirming your arrival
You can confirm your arrival using the Arrivals Form. Airport transfer services are available from a number of UK Airports.
We always recommend that students try to time their arrival at their hall of residence during office hours (generally 09:00am to 17:00pm), to ensure a smooth check in and speedy access to your room!
The accommodation confirmation date
In order to ensure we have accommodation available for all students who require it on arrival, we have an accommodation confirmation date for each intake. This will usually be the day before accommodation tenancies are due to start.
This is when all students who have booked rooms to date should have confirmed their arrival. If you have not confirmed your arrival by this date, your tenancy may be cancelled and your room may be made available for other students to book. The College will only do this if there is a limited number of rooms available.
If this happens and your tenancy is cancelled you will be offered the next available room once you have confirmed your arrival date. If you decide to reject this room, your first instalment will be refunded, minus your deposit which will be retained as an administration fee.
If you do not book accommodation in advance and wait until your visa has been issued until you inform us of your arrival and book your accommodation, you should leave a minimum of 5 days between informing us of your arrival date and accommodation requirements and actually arriving in the UK. This is to allow us enough time to process the booking, sign and return the tenancies and make the necessary payments to enter your accommodation.
Arrivals without accommodation bookings
It is not recommended that you arrive without having completing the booking process if you require accommodation, as we cannot guarantee to find you accommodation in this situation.
If you arrive in the UK and have not booked any accommodation, you should attend the College no later than 12:00 GMT on your day of arrival (we are open Monday to Friday from 09:00) to allow enough time to complete the necessary administration and payments. Students who cannot meet this requirement will be directed to local hotels, information on which can be obtained at www.visitlondon.com.