International Year One in Computing
The International Year One in Computing provides students with a fast-track route onto a related undergraduate degree at Nottingham Trent University.
The course is made up of core subject modules that cover fundamental computer skills and knowledge. The training course modules have been designed to maximise your opportunity to progress to Nottingham Trent University.
Academic and language support is also provided throughout the course.
Facilities that match other first class Computing courses
The International Year One in Computing is taught at Nottingham Trent University’s City Campus, a short bus ride from the main campus. £8million has been spent on new computing facilities at the campus, giving you the very best technology to support you in your studies. Our facilities and equipment are located in the new Computing and Informatics building.
Progress to Nottingham Trent University
Successful completion of the International Year One in Computing guarantees your progression to Year 2 of a Nottingham Trent University degree.
- Information Systems Analysis and Design
- Introduction to Audio-visual Science and Multimedia
- Introduction to Digital Electronic Systems
- Introduction to Networking
- Software Design and Implementation
Courses half-modules (equate to one whole module)
- Introduction to Information Systems Analysis
- Introduction to Software Design
Three-term (Enhancement) extra modules
- Personal Development and Study Skills
- Modern British Society and Culture
- Mathematics and Information Communication Technology